Friday, October 28, 2011

California Dreams Tour 2011

Katy Perry Concert
Phoenix, AZ
August 3, 2011


Mark is a huge Katy Perry fan (he has the hots for her) and I am a fan of her music as well! Mark bought us tickets for our 13th anniversary in August to go and see Katy Perry in concert! We saw Katy in concert back in February 2009 at the Marquee Theatre http://markandjaimefryer.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html when she was just starting out! There was a night and day difference between the two concerts! Katy has worked so hard and come a loooong way! All I can say is 'WOW' after seeing her live this time around! She was absolutely fantastic and the atmosphere was so much fun. All the glitz and glitter imaginable were packed onto the stage. It was all so colorful! The dancers were great and so fun to watch! The best was seeing how everyone dressed up for the concert! I wish I would of taken some pictures of all the crazy fun Katy Perry wannabes! The girl dressed up as sexy Smurfette and painted all blue was the best! LOL! Thanks to my hubby for an awesome date night/anniversary gift! I had a blast!


Work it, Mark!

Katy my Lady! Proof that my husband has a fun and crazy side to him!


Before the concert and after the long walk to dinner in 11o plus degree weather while 27 weeks pregnant! Yes, I did do my hair and makeup, but it melted!









“Baby, you’re a firework. Come on, let your colours burst. Make em’ go oh oh
oh."



California Gurls!








Mark and I finally got to try Short Leash Hot Dogs Food Truck http://www.shortleashhotdogs.com before the Katy Perry concert! We went down to the Phoenix Public Market that has a ton of food trucks and vendors set up with seating to try this place out. We have read so many great reviews about this food truck and we are officially hooked after just one visit!

All the hot dog creations on the menu are very different and unique flavor combinations! Everything looked so good that we had a hard time deciding what to get! All the dogs (they have 5 to choose from) and ingredients are top notch! The owners recommended that we get two different dogs and they would split them in half for us! This dog is the Igby! It has the dog, coleslaw, crumbled blue cheese and tangy BBQ sauce all wrapped in the best warm, soft flat bread bun ever! Yummy!

My personal favorite, the Moki! I got a bratwurst dog, roasted green chilies, sauteed onions, fresh tomatoes, pinto beans, cheddar cheese and a touch of mayo! This is too die for!

Her Secret Is Patience floating sculpture at night in the Civic Space Park! Such a cool and colorful looking sculpture!

No comments: