Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Year's Day Hike!

Coronado Peak Trail - Coronado National Forest Our fearless leader, Papa Bear.

Carson giving a thumbs up to hiking!


What's Papa got in his mouth?








Miss Keira having tons of fun on the hike! She didn't complain and walked most of it on her own.







Look what Cayden found! Yes, that would be what they call snow.






Carson having fun playing in the snow.








Keira and I making snowballs.

The view on our way back down the trail.









That's Mexico to Carson's left. If you look hard enough you can see the US/Mexico border fence and some Border Patrol vehicles.









My Dad and I at Montezuma Pass! Cayden did a pretty good job taking this pictures of us!
On New Year's Day Papa Bear, the kids and I headed up to the beautiful mountains that surround Sierra Vista and did some hiking in Coronado National Forest. We did this same hike last year in January, (http://markandjaimefryer.blogspot.com/2009/01/hiking-in-coronado-national-forest.html) but encountered some snow this year as we neared the top of the trail. This was Miss Keira's first hike at age 3 and I must say she surprised me and did a great job at keeping up with us! The Coronado mountain range and its panoramic views of Mexico and the desert grasslands is breathtaking. I love Southern Arizona.










No comments: