Friday, September 25, 2009

San Francisco Getaway-Final Day



We started Day 3 off with Breakfast at Ghirardelli Square!





We had Ghirardelli hot chocolate and Kara's Cupcakes. What a nutritious breakfast!







The Golden Gate Bridge
. Luckily there was minimal fog so the views were stunning.




The
Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California is one of the most beautiful, and most photographed, bridges in the world.





The Golden Gate Bridge is a 1.7 mile-long suspension bridge. It was an awesome experience to walk across this bridge. My family and I drove across it many years ago, but I don't remember it.







I'm usually scared of heights, but for some odd reason while crossing the Golden Gate Bridge I got a little daring!




Walking Golden Gate Park. This park is larger than New York's Central Park and is covered with more than one million trees. Simply beautiful place to get away from the city.




We made our way back to Ghiradelli Sqare to indulge in a
Ghirardelli's World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae!






After eating our chocolate sundae, we walked up one long, super-steep hill to get to the top of twisty Lombard Street. Mark and I were laughing because we felt like we were walking in slow motion. Our legs would not let us go fast.






This is the super-steep hill we conquered! The lazy people or I guess smart people took a cable car up this mother of a hill. We were just too cheap to pay for the ride up!


Going down Lombard Street aka the "crookedest" street in America. The steep hills and sharp curves of this one-way road pass by grand Victorian mansions! This street is truly an incredible sight! Even though the street and homes are beautiful, I would hate to live here because of all the traffic that it gets.




My before and after shot in the streets of San Francisco!







Hyde Street Pier.









Oh so cheesy, but I had to do it!














On the San Francisco Bay waterfront at Aquatic Park !










We walked up and down the streets of Fisherman's Wharf over and over!





The famous Sea Lions at Pier 39! What a bunch of lazy creatures.









So, so true, but the cold air felt great compared to the 115 degree weather back home in Mesa!!




Well, I finally did it. I've completed our San Francisco trip and can now move onto blogging about the rest of our Summer! One of these days I might find time to keep this family journal updated:-)




















2 comments:

The Hoopers said...

So fun! We drove down Lombard st. SO SCARY. You guys must be in serious shape walk that beast!

Brit said...

Oh so super fun! I love all those places and reading your blog just makes me want to go again soon, I am sure my grandparents would luv that, just got to figure out how to get kelsey out of school, haha.