Monday, August 24, 2009

San Francisco Anniversary Getaway - Day One

Oakland -Alameda County Coliseum - Oakland, California
Oakland Athletics vs. San Francisco Giants


Former D-Back pitcher Randy Johnson was the starting pitcher for the Giants!



We love Baseball!




Waiting for the train to take us back to San Francisco.





Our train ride home! These girls had a little too much to drink at the game! I provided them with the barf bags, but their aim was a little off. LOL!




We arrived in San Francisco just in time to check into our hotel and catch the BART (high - speed electric train) that took us in an underwater tube over to Oakland! I was scared to get off the train once I realized that the A's ballpark was located in the ghetto (my Dad tried to warn us)! Thank goodness for the hundreds of Police Cops (I've never seen that many at once)! The ballpark is very old, but we didn't care because we normally get to watch our games in the luxury of Chase Field! Mark just couldn't pass on the opportunity to visit and watch a Major League Baseball game in California! I just couldn't pass on the $1 hot dogs and garlic fries! Yummy! The highlight of our trip to Oakland was the train ride home! Nothing more comical than four drunk girls until two of them started puking!



2 comments:

Neisha said...

How fun Jaime!! I'm dying to take a trip with just me and Sal. We are baseball freaks too. Sal's dream is to go to as many baseball stadiums as possible. : )
Yuck on those girls...they look so young too!
I'm glad you guys had a great trip celebrating your anniversary. And I'm glad that Mark is feeling better.

The Hoopers said...

Oh yeah, the BART. We rode on that too. Thankfully no pukers for us. lol