Cayden and his Fourth Grade Teacher, Miss S.
Next up was a trip to each of the kids schools front office, front office window that is. Their schools posted the class lists for the school year on Wednesday afternoon and the kids couldn't wait to get over there and check it out. We spent a good twenty minutes there reading over all the lists and seeing who they and all their friends got for teachers! Cayden and Carson both got placed with great teachers!
Our week ended with a back to school shopping day on Saturday! Can you believe that I spent just about $90 on school supplies for two kids?! That does not even include their backpacks or lunch bags that were another $60! And I still have four more items I need to buy for Carson! Crazy! The kids had fun picking out their new shoes and clothes at Sports Authority, the mall and Target! Papa Bear had given them each a generous amount of money to buy some new clothes and they were so excited to spend their very own money (thanks Dad)! It actually taught them much about budgeting and staying within their limit!
Even though we are sad to see the fun days of summer come to an end, both kids are looking forward to another exciting school year! Carson already has his outfit set out and ready to go for tomorrow! Cayden is trying to teach himself how to set an alarm clock to get up on his own! Wow! It's going to be hard to get them to go to bed tonight because they are both wound up and ready for their big day tomorrow! I've got lunches to make, backpacks to pack and paper work to fill out!
Cayden and his SCILLS Teacher, Miss A.!
It's hard to believe that the 2009-10 school year is already here! This past week we have been super busy trying to get ready for the upcoming school year. The week started off with Carson getting his 5 year well check and four shots for Kindergarten. As the nurse was poking Carson he kept on repeating,"I don't want to go to Kindergarten, I don't want to go to Kindergarten"! Poor kid, but on the bright side he doesn't need another shot until he is 11 years old!
It's hard to believe that the 2009-10 school year is already here! This past week we have been super busy trying to get ready for the upcoming school year. The week started off with Carson getting his 5 year well check and four shots for Kindergarten. As the nurse was poking Carson he kept on repeating,"I don't want to go to Kindergarten, I don't want to go to Kindergarten"! Poor kid, but on the bright side he doesn't need another shot until he is 11 years old!
Next up was a trip to each of the kids schools front office, front office window that is. Their schools posted the class lists for the school year on Wednesday afternoon and the kids couldn't wait to get over there and check it out. We spent a good twenty minutes there reading over all the lists and seeing who they and all their friends got for teachers! Cayden and Carson both got placed with great teachers!
Thursday night was "Meet the Teacher Night"! Carson's school was first on our list! Carson had a blast checking out his classroom, seeing friends, meeting some of his new classmates and teacher! We are just thrilled with his teacher! We know many people that have had her as a teacher and everyone just loves her! Carson is super excited for school! He can't wait to get on that bus Monday morning:-) Cayden went to preschool for two years at Carson's school and went and visited two of his old teachers that night! After leaving Carson's school we went to Cayden's school for an Ice Cream Social and got to meet his two awesome teachers! Cayden's teachers are going to be wonderful for him! Cayden had fun going around the school to all his old teachers and visiting with them! He is very excited as well to start school! What a fun night we had!
Our week ended with a back to school shopping day on Saturday! Can you believe that I spent just about $90 on school supplies for two kids?! That does not even include their backpacks or lunch bags that were another $60! And I still have four more items I need to buy for Carson! Crazy! The kids had fun picking out their new shoes and clothes at Sports Authority, the mall and Target! Papa Bear had given them each a generous amount of money to buy some new clothes and they were so excited to spend their very own money (thanks Dad)! It actually taught them much about budgeting and staying within their limit!
Even though we are sad to see the fun days of summer come to an end, both kids are looking forward to another exciting school year! Carson already has his outfit set out and ready to go for tomorrow! Cayden is trying to teach himself how to set an alarm clock to get up on his own! Wow! It's going to be hard to get them to go to bed tonight because they are both wound up and ready for their big day tomorrow! I've got lunches to make, backpacks to pack and paper work to fill out!




3 comments:
Hi Jaime,
Your going to have a fourth grader too. They grow up so fast. Now that we have the kids back in school, we still have to get together for lunch. Love reading your blog. We went to Wicked too, and I absolutely loved it! E-mail me your number, so we can plan lunch. neisal@msn.com Talk to you soon.
Oh, I remember how exciting "back to school" was! Okay, the shopping, new clothes, new backpack, new school supplies, new shoes part was fun and exciting! I'm glad your boys have good teachers. They are both so handsome, Jaime!
Wow, that took me back to my memories of getting ready for school, I think it will be kinda fun when my kiddos hit that age!
Post a Comment