
Mark and I are proud to enter yet another year of marriage! The past 11 years have been wild, to say the least! How time flies! The husband and I took an early anniversary trip back in June to San Francisco (I promise to get those pictures posted soon)! On our actual anniversary Mark took the day off. We went out to lunch at our favorite Mexican Restaurant, Tia Rosa's! After lunch, we went and saw the fabulous new movie "Julie & Julia"! Loved it! Mark had two church softball games in the evening that the kids and I went to watch! Fun!
Later that evening Mark came down with a very bad headache! Mark never gets headaches. As the night went on his headache got worse and none of the pain meds were curing it. About 2 am he called me to the bathroom where he told me he thought he was going to pass out! Sure enough down and out he went (Ouch)! Mark was out for a good 30 seconds and then woke up not knowing what had happened. Blood was coming from his mouth because he had bit his tongue pretty bad when he passed out! He also had a knot on the side of his forehead. Poor guy! He then began to throw up. A million thoughts raced through my head on what could be a matter with him. I immediately got on the phone and called my Dad who is a Doctor. After talking to my Dad, he thought it was in Mark's best interest to go to the Emergency room. So, I woke the kids up and some how got Mark and his barf bag to the van. Off to the E.R. we went at 3 am!
While at the hospital Mark had blood work done, x-rays, EKG, CT Scan and a spinal tap to rule out anything serious. Wow! I can't wait to see the bill on all that (I did pre-pay $100 at the hospital)! All the Doctor could find was a bad sinus infection and thinks the heat of playing softball outside for two hours could of played a roll in the headache and passing out. Mark swears he drank enough water. Thank goodness it was nothing serious! Mark has been very tired and in some pain since that dreadful night. He keeps asking me if I kicked him in the head when he was down! LOL! He must think he deserved to be kicked by me:-)
To make things even worse, my car is now in the shop and will cost me over $2,000 to make it work! Ugh!!! After Mark was discharged from the hospital, I brought him home and then went out to fill 3 prescriptions that the Doctor had prescribed for him. I pulled into the garage and opened the rear sliding door to get Keira out and when I went to close the door.....it wouldn't shut! Dang it. Poor Mark tried to come out and fix it, but nothing was working. We had to have the van towed to the shop with the door still wide open. Basically the motor went out on the sliding door and the other door is on its way to a burn out was well. Total cost for just the two doors is around a whopping $1800. The van needed a few other things done that I had been putting off and were getting worse. Come Monday I will be around $2,500 poorer!!! I'm currently driving a rental car because when they installed the new motor it went out on them and it was going to take a few days to get another one. Go figure.
I’m sure you’ve heard the old saying “When it rains, it pours.” Well, this week you could say we got soaked! Our eleventh anniversary will for sure be one we don't forget:-) I love you, Mark! Happy Anniversary to us!




6 comments:
Oh sounds like fun! At least you had your anniversary to remind you that there are still happy things left in life! So glad to hear your husband is feeling better! and Happy Anniversay!
I sympathize with your car pain. Mine is still in the shop- here's hoping tomorrow it is done.
11 years has gone by fast! wow! Poor Markas! Hope he is feeling better! Thanks to Aunt Abby babysitting mommy and daddy had a great time out on the town!lol
At least you got to enjoy your anniversary before all the craziness started. Glad Mark is feeling better and hope you get your van back soon. Tha stinks!
Oh man! Sounds like a crazy night! Poor Mark! I am glad he is ok :) Happy 11th anniversary!
i am so sorry to hear about your wonderful week! is Mark ok? i can't beleive we didn't hear about this until i read it. sorry. we need to get together. i love the pic of you guys. young... that picture of Mark reminds me of Jordan more than i have ever thought. hope things are looking up.
Post a Comment