Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Fourth Grader!

Cayden on the first day of school!
Cayden enjoyed the new G.I. Joe movie so much with his Dad that he had to get the G.I. Joe light up back pack and lunch box, too!
I love this fourth grader:-)

It's hard to believe that Cayden is officially a fourth grader as of Monday, August 10! One tall fourth grader I might add! He just keeps growing and growing. We had to buy him a size 8 in men's shoes this past week and he is only 9! This kid is going to be tall like his daddy! Now all we need to do is teach him how to shoot some hoop and put that height to good use:-)

Cayden has had an awesome two days in fourth grade! He has come home super excited and eager to share with me everything that went on at school! At meet the teacher night Cayden's teacher gave each student an assignment for the first day. They had to fill a lunch bag full of 10 things about them. On the first day of school each student had to get up in front of the class and use those ten items to tell about themselves. Cayden and I had so much fun gathering things around the house for his presentation. It is very hard for Cayden to get up and speak in front of others, but I knew he was very excited to share with his class what he had come up with! Sure enough he got up in front of the class and pulled it off! He came home so excited and even told me some of the questions he got from his class during his presentation! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Cayden will have a great learning experience this year!


2 comments:

inkyfamily said...

That is crazy! I have a fourth grader too and he wears a 3 1/2, maybe a 4. What a cute boy you have!!

Jaime G. Fryer said...

My husband read this post and said that the new shoes are actually a size 8 and not 7 1/2! Wow, a whole 1/2 size larger than I originally mentioned! Ha ha:-)