My sister- in -law, Lisa and I drove down to Tucson on August 31 to attend the 2008 Mrs. America preliminary pageant. We had a blast stopping in at Diane's house to watch her get ready (fake eye lashes, brush on tan and hair extension styling) for her big night of judging this years Mrs. America Pageant! Diane and I have been friends since our days at Town and Country Elementary school in Sierra Vista, AZ.! In 1996, when I was the reigning Miss Sierra Vista, I encouraged and prepped Diane to run for Miss Sierra Vista. I knew that she had what it took to win! Diane was crowned Miss Sierra Vista 1996 and the rest is history! Diane's Pageant days didn't stop once she was married, she went on to win Mrs. Arizona, Mrs. America and the ultimate title, Mrs. World 2007 in Russia! I have enjoyed watching her compete and cheering her on over the past few years!
For over 30 years the Mrs. America Pageant has been held in order to celebrate America's Married Women. What a fun time Lisa and I had watching all 51 ladies compete in swimsuit, evening gown, and their state costume competition. Let me tell you these ladies were not only beautiful and in awesome shape, but they were well spoken, dedicated to serving in their communities, and had great taste in clothing. A few of the ladies were even pregnant and many already had several kids. The reigning Mrs. World 2008 is a popular pop singer(Kamalia) in her native country of Ukraine (this was her first trip to America)! What a pleasure it was to hear her sing and perform during the pageant.
Thank you to Diane for the free tickets and sorry we didn't stay the night! Lisa, thanks for the good laughs over dinner at El Charro! We sure did drink a lot of Diet Coke, eat a ton of chips, salsa and Guacamole all for FREE! Last, but not least , thanks to my wonderful husband for doing such a great job operating Daddy Day Care!
To see more pictures from the 2008 Mrs. America Pageant go to:
http://www.mrsamerica.com/
or
http://dianetucker.wordpress.com/




2 comments:
DIANE IS THE HOTTEST MRS.WORLD EVER!!!!
What about me? Am I the hottest sister ever?
Post a Comment