Jaime at Pearl Harbor visiting the USS Arizona Memorial.
Visiting Pearl Harbor is a must-do in Oahu!

Visiting Pearl Harbor is a must-do in Oahu!
Jaime & Mark at the Laie Hawaii Temple.
Lisa (Mark's sister), and I posing at the Laie Hawaii Temple up on the North shore of Oahu. 
Mark, Jaime, Lisa and our brother-in-law Jon at the beautiful Temple grounds.
Mark and his little sister, Lisa.
Mark and I got a smoking deal on our rental car in Oahu! Mark loved the thrill of driving this flashy ride around! 
Mark and Lisa getting ready to order at Romy's Kahuka Shrimp Hut.
Romy's harvest their shrimp right behind their little red hut, and the freshness shows.
Mark ordered the garlic butter shrimp and was burping it for days! I ordered the sweet and hot shrimp! Yummy!
Aloha! Mark and I spent six awesome days in Paradise (Hawaii) and are now back home suffering from Polynesian Paralysis! The first day we flew into Honolulu on the island of Oahu. After getting our steal of a deal, exotic rental car we headed down to Pearl Harbor. It was such a neat experience to visit this history packed area. We toured the Arizona museum and bookstore, watched an excellent 23-minute film, and then took a short boat ride to the USS Arizona Memorial. What a feeling standing out on that Memorial knowing that there are hundreds of men entombed under our feet.
Aloha! Mark and I spent six awesome days in Paradise (Hawaii) and are now back home suffering from Polynesian Paralysis! The first day we flew into Honolulu on the island of Oahu. After getting our steal of a deal, exotic rental car we headed down to Pearl Harbor. It was such a neat experience to visit this history packed area. We toured the Arizona museum and bookstore, watched an excellent 23-minute film, and then took a short boat ride to the USS Arizona Memorial. What a feeling standing out on that Memorial knowing that there are hundreds of men entombed under our feet.
Mark's sister, Lisa, and her husband Jon happened to be vacationing from Henderson, Nevada up on the North shore of Oahu! We decided to take a drive up there and spend some time with them. Mark and I were drooling over the beautiful beaches and scenery as we made our way to the North side of the island. Forget the big city of Waikiki and Honolulu, the North Shore is the place to experience the real Hawaii.
Our first stop was the city of La'ie home of BYU Hawaii, the Polynesian Cultural Center, and the La'ie Temple. All three places were beautiful and well worth a visit! I left the town wondering why I chose to attend freezing BYU Idaho, Utah and not the warm and tropical school in Hawaii! Next stop was the town of Kahuku that is famous for its shrimp trucks and shacks. Dinner at Romy's was 'Ono (Delicious, the best in Hawaiian). Our final stop before we said goodbye to Jon and Lisa was Ted's Bakery up by Turtle Bay and Sunset Beach. Their chocolate/haupia (coconut) pie is legendary on the island and I would say it is dang good! After pie, Mark and I continued up the North shore and back down and around to Honolulu. We caught a late night plane to our final destination.......... the island of Kauai!




No comments:
Post a Comment