Mark in front of the Lihue Ward church building.
A picture of Mark's breakfast, Loco Moco (popular local style breakfast) - Rice, meat patty, eggs and gravy! It was very unique, but overall good. I opted for the banana and macadamia nut pancakes! Yummy! 
Swimming in the light rain shower at our resort! 
Beach time at Kalapaki Beach!
Mark eating the famous Puka Dog!
Jaime giving Puka Dog a big thumbs up! This place was da bomb! We ate there twice!
The beautiful Wailua Falls!
My handsome hubby!
Tropical Dreams is the best ice cream on the planet, period.
Aloha! Day three in Paradise started with Mark and I attending church at the Lihue Ward (can you believe that we made it on time to 9 am church while on vacation?)! It was such a neat experience to attend church with the locals and a few other visitors. After Sacrament meeting they had all of us visitors stand and presented us each with a homemade yarn lei. All the members of the Lihue Ward then went to the front of the chapel and sang a special musical tribute of "Aloha" to us! What a fun way to welcome their guests.
Aloha! Day three in Paradise started with Mark and I attending church at the Lihue Ward (can you believe that we made it on time to 9 am church while on vacation?)! It was such a neat experience to attend church with the locals and a few other visitors. After Sacrament meeting they had all of us visitors stand and presented us each with a homemade yarn lei. All the members of the Lihue Ward then went to the front of the chapel and sang a special musical tribute of "Aloha" to us! What a fun way to welcome their guests.
After church we headed to Tip Top Cafe for some local style breakfast. The loco moco and banana macadamia pancakes were a hit with us! We then headed back to the resort for some pool and beach time . The weather was rather funny, it would be sunny and then all of a sudden it would get cloudy and sprinkle, then sunny again!
For a late lunch/dinner we headed down south to finally eat a Hawaiian style hot dog at Puka Dog (our last visit to Hawaii we came after their 6 pm closing time)! Puka Dog has been featured on the Travel channel and food network! What they do is stick a roasted dog into a bun that’s like a loaf of bread. Also into the Puka goes three sauces a lemon-garlic “secret sauce,” a fruity “relish” and a Hawaiian mustard. It’s a sweet-and-savory combo. Their fresh squeezed lemonade is to die for! I can honestly say that Puka Dog was the best hot dog I have ever tasted in my 31 years. You better believe that Mark and I went back a second time!
The rest of our day was spent doing some shopping and scenic driving! We visited the beautiful and ever so flowing Wailua Falls! This water fall had an amazing 173 foot drop! That is taller than Niagara Falls!
The last stop of the night was up on the North Shore in Kilauea! Kilauea Video, Ice Cream & Candy is the only place on the island that sells the Big Island-made, Tropical Dreams ice cream! Forget Hawaiian famous shave ice, Tropical dreams ice cream is the must have treat! My favorite after about 10 samples and two visits is the Chocolate Coconut Mac Nut. I'm still dreaming about it! It's no wonder why I gained seven pounds in six days while on vacation!




4 comments:
What a dream vacation!
I think Sean and I need to go on this trip.
So jealous I want to go there bad! Glad you had fun:)
OH what fun! One of these days we'll get there!
jaime you look so dang good! we need to get together soon.
Post a Comment